View contents of password protected zip files and choose files to extract afterwards

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
neotaruntius
I know Keka
I know Keka

View contents of password protected zip files and choose files to extract afterwards

Post by neotaruntius » Fri May 08, 2020 3:24 am

Hi guys, I have a use case that I thought would be somewhat common but perhaps not because I haven't seen this feature implemented in the few years that I've been tracking this software. Time to discuss!

In the past, I have used winzip but I would rather use Keka. I have password protected zip files that are probably about 15-20 Gbps. It is zipped such that the contents themselves are not visible unless you mention the password. Once the password is entered, you can view the contents within seconds. You can then choose what files you'd like to unzip and then click on the unzip button. This means that if I had to unzip a file that's only 1 Gb big, I don't have to wait for all other files to unzip as well.

I don't see this feature on Keka. Does anyone else use zips the way I've mentioned above?
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Post by aone » Fri May 08, 2020 6:39 am

Sure! This has been asked a lot. There's a ticket here: https://github.com/aonez/Keka/issues/100

No work in progress yet, though.
aone ~