worthless application

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
goeiste
I know Keka
I know Keka

worthless application

Postby goeiste » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:10 am

I thought this was a great application, i was wrong.
Worthless, i have no other words.
When decompressing, and getting an error, the dock icon keeps annoyingly bouncing until i click kaka's window.
If i ain't got the time to click it, i become totally f*ckup up because of that bouncing.
When i drop multiple archives on kaka it makes one decompression window (with all the files), but when one file gets an error all the to decompression files stop, and i can start all over again.
When i have multiple filenames with the same characters in the beginning of the name, for example the first 20, and i get some errors during the decompression, i can't see what file is wrong because the window is way too small to display the whole filename and it can't be resized.
Sometimes when i get an error kaka keeps creating empty folders (sometimes hundreds) and i can't quit or force quit kaka because there are more decompressions running.
When there are 2 or 3 decompressions running then i quit keka, but most of the time i have over 20 or 30 in the queue.
One benefit is that kaka keeps on running when an error occurs compared to, lets say entropy, that application holds until you dismiss the window.
So many updates of keka, and no one thought of these things to correct?

Sorry, Worthless

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: worthless application

Postby aone » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 am

Most of the issues are caused because of the new queue system. Try with the old one:
https://github.com/aonez/Keka/wiki/Hidden-configuration
aone ~

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: worthless application

Postby aone » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:25 am

By the way if you try the latest beta some of the issues you mention (error on queue, resize the tasks window) are fixed.
aone ~

Return to “Chat”