Keka 1.03 fails with error 2 when using 2GB split 7Zip/Zip

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
JFSebastian
I know Keka
I know Keka

Keka 1.03 fails with error 2 when using 2GB split 7Zip/Zip

Postby JFSebastian » Sun May 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi,

I try to create am archive of a vmware directory (16GB) split into 2 GB segments.
I always get an error message saying "Create of ... failed Error code 2 using p7zip"

I tried 7z and zip ... same result.

I use Keka Version 1.0.3 (480) on OS X 10.8.3

Please help!

Thank you!
J.F.

Lotusbrod
Translator
Translator

Re: Keka 1.03 fails with error 2 when using 2GB split 7Zip/Z

Postby Lotusbrod » Mon May 20, 2013 2:37 am

Hello J.F.

My experience is that particular error message can cover a whole range of problems including some very basic things like write permissions on the destination folder, available disk space etc. It might be helpful to include a little more information such as when the error occurs (eg as soon as you try to compress the directory or part way through the process), your settings for Keka etc.

Personally I'm still running Snow Leopard so can't test to see if I have the same problem but out of curiosity I have just compressed a similar directory on 10.6.8 using Keka 1.0.4b3. The directory itself was slightly smaller, a 14GB Fusion VM also with the virtual disk split into 2GB files. It took more than an hour to complete but did create the archive without problem.

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: Keka 1.03 fails with error 2 when using 2GB split 7Zip/Z

Postby aone » Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 am

Hi JFSebastian,

As Lotusbrod pointed, this is a very general error. It is a common error on big files when there's no space on the disk. It happens instantly or during the process?
aone ~

Return to “Chat”