Next Version, Keka vs Rucksack, Context Menu Questions

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
UpdateNut
UpdateNut knows Keka
UpdateNut knows Keka
Location: About to infiltrate the rear area and annihilate your defences.

Re: Next Version, Keka vs Rucksack, Context Menu Questions

Post by UpdateNut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:41 pm

I tried it, and Keka didn't open. It just bounced in the Dock until I forced it to quit. Should I have renamed it?

Edit: I'm attaching my Compress with Keka.workflow so you can look at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I remember what that fool said in 2008 after SB Pro PE 2.483: "Try shooting the M1 with your CV90. Just try it." I did. He's still complaining. Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
UpdateNut
UpdateNut knows Keka
UpdateNut knows Keka

Post by UpdateNut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 pm

That's okay. With your other helpful suggestion, I found the problem: I had Keka in a sub folder of Applications titled File Compressors. When I moved Keka back to Applications, it worked. The test "Open with Keka" is working now too. Thanks for the suggestion.
I remember what that fool said in 2008 after SB Pro PE 2.483: "Try shooting the M1 with your CV90. Just try it." I did. He's still complaining. Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Post by aone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

The right way:
  • 1. Open Automator
    2. Create a new Service
    3. Change "text", set "files or folders" instead
    4. Drop "Open inters in the Finder" and set Keka as the application
    5. Just save it, will be saved in the Services folder
aone ~
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Post by aone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Anyway with the process explained you can do your own service and launch Keka within your custom folder.

For the record, the problem is that Keka.app needs to be in /Applications with the context menu 1.1.

This is another part of the new context menu 2.0, not finished yet, that must work even if you have Keka.app in another folder. Can you confirm that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aone ~
UpdateNut
UpdateNut knows Keka
UpdateNut knows Keka

Post by UpdateNut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Update: Open with Keka only works when Keka is already open. Compress with Keka is working fine.

Update: Extract with Keka takes a while to work when Keka is not open and Keka is in the Applications folder.
UpdateNut
UpdateNut knows Keka
UpdateNut knows Keka

Post by UpdateNut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Extract with Keka is working when not directly in the Applications folder (I moved it back to File Compressors), but when Keka is not running beforehand, it takes a while.
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Post by aone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Usually it takes a while the first time you use it. It will be fast the subsequents tries. But don't get confused by the name, it make the automatic action, it does not extract always... Just an unfinished work
aone ~
UpdateNut
UpdateNut knows Keka
UpdateNut knows Keka

Post by UpdateNut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Open with Keka is working when Keka is not directly in the Applications folder and Keka is not open, but it does take a little while.