Unsupported archive formats

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
Lotusbrod
Translator
Translator

Unsupported archive formats

Post by Lotusbrod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 am

Are there any plans to make keka recognise a wider range of archive formats? I don't necessarily mean support the algorithm, simply recognise that the file being dealt with is an archive.

At the moment dragging an archive in an unsupported format into keka leads to it being put in a new archive. That may be what the user wanted to do, but they may have wanted to open it and just not realised (or not remembered) the format wasn't supported. I've just done this with an lzh file and ended up with a 7zip file with the same name. It would have been nice to at least get a message to say it is an unsupported archive format, and give me the choice to cancel or put it inside a new archive.

Having said that, it would be nice to have support for lzh/lha which I still come across quite a lot ;)
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: Unsupported archive formats

Post by aone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Sure! It's only a matter of time... Meanwhile you can drag those files to the Keka window in the Extract zone, then they'll be extracted if they are supported. In this case tell me and I'll include them to the extraction list.
aone ~