where to set passwords

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
sgtarky
I know Keka
I know Keka

where to set passwords

Post by sgtarky » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm

I seem to have something missing from keka, I cannot find the place to put passwords. I have used this before, had a hardware failure and ahd to reinstall every thing. I seem to be missing the advanced features. I have it set to compress in zip but it creates .tbz2
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: where to set passwords

Post by aone » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Tar, Gzip and Bzip doesn't have password options, so maybe this is your problem. Select Zip in the main window and you'll see the password fields. Take a look at the attachment.
zip selected.png
Hope this helps :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aone ~
sgtarky
I know Keka
I know Keka

Post by sgtarky » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am

i had to select Icon and text, then I got the options. thanks!
5265m
I know Keka
I know Keka

Post by 5265m » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Could you tell me what encryption is used when passwords are set please? I assume that the whole archive is encrypted when the password is set? It's not clear in the documentation if this is the case. I don't know if it is feasible but it would be nice to see encryption options or a display of what encryption is being used in the archive programme in 7z and Zip files.

I'm a bit OCD about privacy especially when using cloud storage (if you can't already tell).

Thank you for all the work on Keka! :keka:
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Post by aone » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 pm

5265m (encrypted nickname? ;)), with 7zip format "AES-256" is used and with Zip "Zip 2.0 legacy" is used. In verison 1.0 and up you set the password in the "Password" and "Repeat" fields and the keychain icon closes, meaning that the file is encrypted. You may also here the keychain sound when the password is set and unset.

In 7zip you can also encrypt the filenames, checking the by default checked option.
aone ~
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Post by aone » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

aone ~