New Icon Is Terrible!

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
StuartM
I know Keka
I know Keka

New Icon Is Terrible!

Post by StuartM » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:57 pm

New icon is terrible (tacky). I've started searching out an alternative decompression app because new icon is so terrible.

(I tried copying old icns from old .app into new .app but it does not seem to work!).
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: New Icon Is Terrible!

Post by aone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:56 am

aone ~
Cthulhu
I know Keka
I know Keka

New Icon Is Terrible!

Post by Cthulhu » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Well, I respectfully disagree, as I see others do on the GitHub ticket. David Lanham's work certainly has a unique look, and I understand that it can be divisive, but I for one love it. The icon to me looks both whimsical and professional, and I also think the rolly polly pillbug is a hilariously perfect mascot to begin with. Please don't change it, Keka. I leave it in the Dock just because it's so cool to look at.
RealUnimportant
I know Keka
I know Keka

New Icon Is Terrible!

Post by RealUnimportant » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:36 pm

I've signed up to the forum just to comment on this:

I have no problem with the change of pillbug. It's on my screen for moments, seconds at the most, and it's small and unobtrusive when it does appear. What I do vehemently object to is the utterly horrid primary/secondary colour swatches you've used as "file icons". They're utterly hideous, and so out of place! I've rolled all the way back to 1.0.16 to get my nice leather-bound archives back... Please, please, please reconsider this change! :legacykeka:
aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

New Icon Is Terrible!

Post by aone » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:07 pm

RealUnimportant, thanks for your thoughts. I also love the leather icons but they have no retina support and Pablo, the designer, was not available. Also I like the new icons from Jonathan but I get is impossible to like everyone.

I would love Apple to make some way that multiple icon packs can be bundled and selected, that would be perfect.
aone ~